2021-05-09

Someplace Warm

I really let April just pass by like that but I really needed that break of doing absolutely nothing after a month of everything. I love bursts of intense activity and then hibernation...kind of like my blogging style haha!

March:
Tuesday the 2nd
Jonathan's phone always gives him trouble when he's self taping. He looked particularly funny this time in the way he sulked.

Saturday the 6th
Mom's new glasses were finally ready and she looks so cute in them!

Thursday the 11th
The beautiful conclusion to a six hour drive to Port Austin, Michigan. (๑°o°๑) SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL! A perfect setting for the first time I would be interacting with a group of people in a year and make a new quarantine bubble. It was so crazy finally meeting people I had been talking to on zoom for months as well as people I hadn't known at all prior to that day.

You could never get tired of this view.

Sam, Joyce, and I got into a perfect rhythm and noticed how mechanically cool it looked ahaha

The lake house looked warm and inviting but my broken camera made it look spooky.

Linh and Jewells. The first night.

Friday the 12th
Everything about this place and experience was so surreal to me. Down to the ice outside while I was cozied by the fire. Wild.

My beautiful Joyce's back

Some of what happened at rehearsal. That we had an entire WEEK of! BLESS. (●⌒∇⌒●) I wish all on camera stuff did this. They should! To think of how much more amazing work would come out of it. Just actually getting to know each other before pretending to have history after someone calls "action."
Hahaha so glad everyone was on top of sharing their pictures at the end of every day. All the good pictures or ones I'm in were taken by Joyce, Quinn, and Linh. I really didn't take pictures this trip because EVERYONE was and they all actually know how to take them. I'm a little glad I got to relax in that way and also shave down on blogging time hehe.
 
Our rehearsal room was where Joyce, Quinn, and I stayed the first couple nights. So cute. But SO COLD. ~(>_<~) I will never miss having to wear the same three layers weekly.

Saturday the 13th
Another one of the many bedrooms. Everything was so lovely and a lot of things were made or painted by Jake's grandparents.

View of the house from the beach.

Seeing this picture is a little crazy to me because in the next week, all the ice is gone. We were standing on top of where the water is.

Always a view. ୧༼✿ ͡◕ д ◕͡ ༽୨

The dd duo

ALWAYS.

The beans were bomb. Probably my favorite beans I've ever had. Thank you Uncy George~

Blessings to all people who cook for other people. I would die without y'all. (●♡∀♡))ヾ☆*。

Sunday the 14th
I love when Linh dances. Good thing she does it a lot hahaha

Quinn is a vitamin fairy. She's always collecting stuff and making them into art. She's everyone's favorite person. (°◡°♡).:。

We moved into our airbnb that night. Joyce and I were supposed to share a room with bunk beds. We were surprised by how tiny it was haha. Luckily, Sam didn't like the bed in his room and opted for the couch. Quinn liked the bunk bed room so Joyce took Quinn's room and I took Sam's. It looked like a murder room and the blinds could never be opened but I'm glad it all worked out ahaha!

Monday the 15th
So many questionable decorations in the house we stayed at.

I never want to see Coke Zero ever again.

Glad to know I'm not the only person who likes stupid mobile games.

It was taking a while for the projector to get figured out so Quinn and Erik entertained everyone.

Tuesday the 16th
Love a lakeside deck.

We visited the lighthouse we were going to shoot at.
Big props to Erik who is scared of heights!

It was so cool and something I'd never get to experience otherwise.

Lots of work though aha


The museum part
The guys were fans of Lighthouse Larry

Top to bottom 


Harbor next
She's seriously a ray of sunshine

Linh, Jewells, and Meg came to look at our lamps and enjoy a show.

Wednesday the 17th
"We all look so bad." - Joyce (ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖

We had the brilliant idea of watching Beyonce's Homecoming while eating dinner.

Thursday the 18th
Our enemy that month was the wind.
 
We had dino nuggies but no sauce so we asked Jewell's to drop ketchup off because we totally forgot we could just drive to their house ourselves and she did ahaha!!

Me always forgetting my camera is broken and can't take photos at night.

Friday the 19th
*O* every day 
 
Every hour

Some post dinner wrasslin.

"Huweh?"

Saturday the 20th
One of several big dead fish we'd see.

I like how I'm always taking a picture from the same spot aha

Ahahahaha I'm so sorry Quinn!!

I was loving the waves and the ripples they made in the sand.

It was my first time going down to the beach so I was completely surprised when I turned around to go back up!


Great stars that night too.

They're all made with super cool materials too!

Sigh...

So cool!

Omg lol

Sky and water man...


Sunday the 21st
They all did amazing feeding all 17 of us. Delia hadn't cooked before this!!

I don't know how but everyone there was so funny ٩̋(๑˃́ꇴ˂̀๑)

Monday the 22nd
If only the weather could have been like that the whole time...

Tuesday the 23rd
Our first overnight. We discovered George was a kpop stan. So we kept up the energy with a marathon of music videos!

Wednesday the 24th
Our first day off! The weather was godly. Even the thunderstorm! I couldn't stop recording the sky because it was constantly changing and so so beautiful!! This place is unreal.

A sandbar appeared that day!

I lived in a blanket my entire time there.

Before the storm. It was so crazy. It became completely silent, thunder rolled, the air moved, and then all the animals went crazy in a wave. Even if I can't see the picture in my head anymore, I will never forget all the naturistic things made me feel here. (๑°o°๑)

I got my camera out too late to capture Adam running up in the rain all picturesquely but it was still such a pretty moment. 
 
As if reading my mind, Adam brought out a rocking chair so I had a really nice time sitting and watching everyone.

I love this picture

Quinn walked over in her "rain jacket" hahaha!

Space princess returning home.

Dance party on top of the boat house

David is a good DP and DJ

Ooh Meg looks in it

Just...how...


And then a different view from our house.
I LIVE

(*⌒∇⌒*)

A perfect end to an amazing day. Quinn cooked dinner that was sooo good and I still think about it. ( ๑ ❛ ڡ ❛ ๑ )❤

Thursday the 25th
Checked out the barn. Joyce catching Linh turning into a turtle is also one of the best things I've ever seen ahaha!

I don't know how they scouted this place but good on them.

Aww Quinn made a plank stand in for Joyce since she was taking the picture haha!

Friday the 26th
Always freezing. Poor Joyce, she came from LA!

Thankful that Jake's house is filled with great blankets.

Saturday the 27th
Pre overnight dancing

Monday the 29th
The embodiment of our relationship irl and in the film.

Wednesday the 31st
Quinn, Joyce, Erik, and I did some light hiking on our day off.

Quinn brought her drone out.

Oh Quinn

Crazy how different it always looked outside.

April:
Thursday the 1st
We had an unexpected snow day and canceled the shoot!

The sun showed up later like nothing happened of course.

Michigan for ya.

Friday the 2nd
Barn shoot day

I really wish I remembered what they were talking about here ahaha

Okay I would have Jewell's buffalo dip with Hawaiian rolls as one of my last meals holy shit this dinner was so good!!! (◉۝◉)

Not so photogenic though...

Friday the 3rd
Someone's gotta chop that wood

Sunday the 4th
My first time catching the Michigan sun rise.

My last freezing scene. No more burning my boob with Hot Hands... T___T

Monday the 5th
Shot the lighthouse scene. We actually got to stand on the top outside!! It was so nice and refreshing! Mad about forgetting my phone at home that day...
Everyone but Erik and I wrapped.

Sorry about the ugly pictures but refuses to stop.

Tuesday the 6th
Erik and I finally shot our cursed scene and wrapped at like nine that morning! We opened some beers before ten and just basked in the fact that WE FINISHED SHOOTING THE MOVIE!!! ೕ(⁍̴̀◊⁍̴́ฅ) It was such a wild journey and the weather/house/everything was constantly throwing wrenches but we still got everything done and only had to pick up that one scene.
Perfect embodiment of everyone's feelings

Perfect weather only showed up on our big free days and I'm perfectly okay with that.

The minds behind the story

She claimed one of Quinn's looks

Caught a cute moment between Dan and Dave on the way to leave. We needed to rest before coming back with everyone for the wrap party.

She had like 10 outfit changes that day.

Finally went in the water to get to *~The Rock~*. It was FREEZING and painful.

I needed Linh to hold my phone lol. It was scary getting up and even scarier getting down!

Trying to figure out how everyone carved their names into the rock.

Little Linh made it up!

We came so far! Our time was cut short though because we could see a storm coming and so all but three of us started panicking about getting down. We could see George and Delia coming so Joyce started waving her arms and yelling "GO BACK! A STORM'S COMING!!!" and I wish I recorded it because it was just too perfect ahaha! (๑˃́ꇴ˂̀๑

We made it and enjoyed a little bit more time outside before the rain reached us.

Ended the night with Dan's feature.

The man himself

Went back home and watched everyone's stories. The gem of the day:
I CAN'T AHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday the 7th
Took our last looks and said goodbyes...

What a gift to meet 16 other strangers to go through the grinder to make something. I've definitely made some really great friends. I live for this type of stuff! I miss them so much and can't wait to see how we'll move through each other's live again one day. ( ‾ʖ̫‾)

David took great polaroids of the stellar crew.

I'm the evolved version of Linh. I don't remember which day this is actually from because I got the screenshot later but hahaha what a good one. We each have each others close ups as our lock screens.

But I love being home! Having giant luggage is the best because you can just throw everything in a garbage bag without folding and just throw that in!

Sunday the 11th
Finally got to do what I've been wanting to do with my hair.

My hair is too resistant. Three bleaches and it's still this dark >[

Had to get the works while I'm in the area.

Was pleasantly surprised by my throwaway selfie so uh... yeah...

These are disgusting and should have never been made

Saturday the 17th
I was feeling extra and wanted to surprise everyone with a little snack box. It was so much money and work but I loved putting the boxes together. I hope I become rich so I can do it more often.

I got a goody box myself from Erik! This is the most beautiful and tastiest apple soda ever! I am so so lucky. (♡´❍`♡)*✧ ✰ 。*

No comments:

Post a Comment

);