2012-09-07

First week of school

Tuesday the 4th
Finally the first day of school! D: This summer felt quite long (in a good way) so when it was suddenly time to start school again, it didn't seem real. Got to get back into working mode noooooooo
Oh my gosh my dark circles >_> From as far back as I can remember, I'm always unable to get any sleep at all cause of the nervousness and excitement and then I'm trying to put and outfit together in my head and blah blah blah. I tried really hard to fall asleep and failed but the first day adrenaline kept me up and going all day.

I was waiting for the swift and while it was stopping, my eyes met with one of the passengers and we both went O.O I love how the first thing I see on the first day of school is this bitch.
Ha ha ha ha! He was on his way to work.

My first class is stagecraft and the group I got separated into starts with the costume section. The teacher is nice and it's easygoing for now cause we're just going through the basics. What sucks is that it's at 8:30 in the morning. OTL I had purposely not taken it last semester cause it was at 9AM and this semester it's earlier! T___T My commute is an hour and a half so now I have to wake up at or around 5 on Mondays and Wednesdays. DEATH

Second class is scene study. The teacher is so nice! She gave us juice boxes!
 
But it tasted like watered down apple juice. Reduced anything = bad tasting.

My last class of the day is African dance. I was sooooo scared because I thought that it was going to be all dance majors in the class. Being someone who can't even keep a beat and is stiff as a brick, I was afraid I'd be laughed at. I don't even know what dancers wear! After talking to the dancers I asked directions from who had also taken the class before, I felt a lot more at ease because they said that most of the people taking the class wouldn't be dance majors and the teacher understands that we're just beginning. There were only about four other non dance majors in my class and they all had at least some kind of dance or athletic background so I started dreading it again. 
I ended up having a lot of fun though! Dancing to live drummers is so different from dancing to recorded music! It's SO much better!! I look like such an idiot flailing around especially around dance majors that I don't know but I still really like it! It's also such a tough workout. The "warm ups" we do before we start dancing are intense! Even the dancers who have been fit for so long were sweating like crazy! Imagine how much trouble I had! The only exercise I do is walking to the refrigerator and back to my sofa. Hopefully this class will get me somewhat close to being in shape! I may be more active this semester but my diet ain't changing!

Yesterday
 
This is my favorite lazy outfit because the suspenders still make it seem somewhat put together. I should have worn this on the first day because it was pretty chilly for me with the sun not out and the day before was really hot and I wore long sleeves! I wore shorts because the temperature was supposed to go back up to like 86 degrees after the storm but it never really did.

First class is text analysis. Boring so far and I don't think that will change but the ratings on ratemyprofessor said that this teacher was easy as long as you do the work. So much papers to write this semester!! And not only in this writing intensive class! D:

I packed lunch that day cause I had macaroni that I didn't eat from the KFC I had from the night before.
SO healthy.

My last class of the day is body movement. It was kinda fun. We worked with viewpoints. Hopefully this class will also help me get into better shape since this teacher actually makes us move unlike my teacher from freshman year XD I'm being active 4 days a week guys! :D This hasn't happened since I was like 12 or something!
 
Waiting for the class to start on the windowsill. That building with the "Co" and blue emergency stairs is the theatre building.

  
Being by the window = nice lighting! Woo breakouts -___-

Today
Ran into Jennifer and her little sister at the swift in the morning! It was pleasant :)

 
Getting familiar with the sewing machines. Haven't used one in so long!

After scene study, I ran into Paco! We walked together to get his upass and then had lunch at the new mediteranean place that just opened where Pizza Hut/KFC used to be. It's called Pita Belly.
 
They have these cute fan lights. You can't see but the lighting fixture is painted like the Earth!

 
Chicken shwarma sandwich. It was yummy! I also love their hot sauce. I accidentally got mineral water. I don't know how people drink it. It's so bitter! Oh! They even have a freezer with the Mexican fruit bars! X) I'd be a regular there if it wasn't so far from my classes.

 
Upgraded Paco. In a summer he got a girlfriend and an iphone!

The lunch session was a little vexing though. He was totally engrossed in his phone and texting his girlfriend the entire time so I was pretty much talking to a wall. We were talking fine while we were walking though. He even left first so he could meet up with her girlfriend before her class started which is fine but I had walked all the way down there with him for his errand and ate at a place that was far from my class so I was even late. If we had good conversation and whatever I would have been fine and it would have been worth it but he kinda ignored me the whole time. Petty I know but things like that irk me! >_> Less on the annoying side but more on the sad/disappointed side.  

African dance really kicked my butt today.  My legs were shaking! And I have absolutely no core muscles. That's why my movement is so gloppy and unbalanced. I never engage my core! We also had to tumble forward on the hard floor. I kept rolling on the back of my neck cause I have no arm strength to hold myself up so I think it's bruised now x.x I should really start working out so I can actually do some of the things we do in class!

Outfit pitchur I took after I got home. This is after dance so I'm a mess.
Living room is also a big mess.

Woops. Most of the pictures in this post are me. Will fix that next post!
);