2018-12-23

April all the way to July/Doing the things I love

But first, a picture from March that I forgot to put in the last post.
*stolen from Uncle Gordon* 
Kbbq with YFMFY fam! I wish we had a better option than San Soo Gab San (don't even get me started) but at least the company was good!

April: Monday the 2nd
After years and years of basically living next to it, I finally visited the Holocaust Museum with Angelica.
Really heartbreaking but important experience.

Thursday the 5th
Eva and Kyle came to see the show!
And yes, I copied Lucy's poster posing thing. ┐(´∀`)┌

Went to Dancen with YFMFY after.
Uncle Gordon was feeling the Khip hop hahaha (ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖

Friday the 6th
(︶︹︺)
Translation: Give me more pain relief! I'm in so much pain!

Alex, Lyonel, Ian, and Morgan came and joined for drinks after.

Sunday the 8th
Closing ╥﹏╥
I can't believe how lucky I am to have had this amazing show be my first. And probably the best show I will ever do. I will cherish this experience forever. ♡ฅ(ᐤˊ꒳ฅˋᐤ♪)

*stolen from Elly*

Popped the champagne Jenny unni got me.

After hanging out at the Red Lion for a final time, we had dinner at Sun Wah.
Oh, baby. (✽´ཫ`✽)

*stolen from Elly*
(*^▽^*)


(^∇^)

I LOVE THIS PLAY.

Thursday the 12th
Adrienne, Cat, and I went to Sarah's opening for South Pacific at Drury Lane! It was the most luxe experience this plebe has ever had.
That's my girl!!! Sarah was the best part of the whole show. This musical is very problematic, half an hour too long, and boring more than half the time, so thank goodness for Sarah's engaging performance. There will never be a more sincere, deep Liat than Sarah and I'm not even being biased. So proud of this woman! ໒( ♥ ◡ ♥ )७

Living my truth.

We were too busy eating and missed the actual photo session lol.

Probably my best outfit of the year.

The bathroom had really nice lighting but there was no avoiding any of the bathroom stuff.

Very cute hotel/theatre.

Saturday the 14th
Watched Isle of Dogs with Ed.
It was my first time seeing a movie at the Logan Theater. Cute space.

Listened to tapes for awhile after. I love hanging out with Ed because he has the best collection of music. I am so happy we've become friends because I would never be able to listen to all that music otherwise. Also love the six degrees of separation Tina and I have with him like how he lived right in front of the restaurant I worked at.

The most amazing mixtape his friend made.

Sunday the 15th
Hung out with Cat.

She made fried rice for me! (*´▽`*)

I forget what else we did that day.

Tuesday the 17th
Treated to Chi Cafe after shooting Anytown.

Finally got my hands on the infamous sauce!
Not as amazing as Rick makes it out to be.

Thursday the 19th
Watched Doppelganger.
Awesome set.

Went to see some teachers but Rainn Wilson was also a draw.
It was so funny. And man, that ending.

Friday the 20th
Saw Ben's show with Uncle Gordon and then went to Dancen after.
Round Heads and Pointed Heads. 
It was my first time watching a whole Bertolt Brecht play.

Selfie stick in that tiny place just seemed so extra lol.

I went to Dancen a lot this year.


He's coocoo for Dancen.

Saturday the 21st
Dressed up for Angelica and Georgeanne's birthday that was happening later that night.

Watched Women Laughing Alone with Salad with Emma first.
Crazy show. We had a really good time.

Met up at Coconutz after.
Suuuper strong fishbowls. I didn't even drink that much but I got suuuper drunk. It didn't help that I hadn't eaten anything that day... I was supposed to grab food with Emma before the show but I made the mistake of taking a shared Lyft so I was too late. I need to go back after a meal for the mango one because that one was sooo good.

Had to cut my face out because I looked TERRIFYING with those contacts in this picture

.

Monday the 23rd
Always partaking in trends after they die. But fashion always cycles, so if I'm behind, I'm technically also ahead, right? ( ͝סּ ͜ʖ͡סּ)

Food at Pearl's with Sarah
It was yummy~ Wanna go back for the other menu items.

The most flattering video anyone has ever taken of me.
Yes, I did redo my hair.

We watched Birdland.
Go Lucy!

Thursday the 26th
The day I had been waiting for all summer! The day I see Sik-K! His music has been on repeat since I stumbled upon his album a year ago and I was wishing so hard that he would perform here, and he was, thanks to the H1ghr Music tour!

Fueled up at the Dog Joint.
I especially enjoy their fries but did not enjoy the owner(?) man calling Cosby's accusers money hungry...

Met up with Han inside because I'm too poor for VIP+ tickets. She saved a very good spot for me!

I liked the songs the dj played.

Ted Park
I'm happy to have discovered him from this show. His songs were on repeat for awhile.

Avatar Darko
Not sure why he took his shirt off. It never got that wild lol

Raz Simone
Really nice vocal tone.

Woodie Gochild

Phe Reds

pH-1
Han looooves him

Cha Cha Malone
I need a Cha Cha beat boy~ ♪~( ̄ε ̄)

Jarv Dee

SMMT
Everyone's favorite little dj.

FINALLY! Honestly the one we were all there for.
SIK-K
The only description I can give him and his music is "panty dropper." ┐(´∀`)┌

It was so fun but so short! I need a whole concert of just Sik-K! I NEED!! ლ(゚д゚ლ)

Friday the 27th
Worked and then hung out with Ed.
Love that they started doing doggy day care. People have the cutest dogs my god.

Was looking at Yelp to pick what I was gonna order from one of the places across the street and saw this:
The saddest dragon roll I have ever seen in my life. It's so bad ahaha!

The way we draw dogs.

PSA: don't buy the chocolate green tea Pocky.

Saturday the 28th
Finally saw Hamilton with Uncle Gordon!
I entered the lottery for the first time in forever and won! It's funny cause UG had been doing it consistently for forever. We promised each other that if one of us won, we would take the other.

Our necks were very strained cause we got seats right in front.

Still happy that I finally got to see what all the fuss is about. The raps were cringe-y but I still had a good time. The emotional songs were sooo nice. Eliza's song made me tear up.

Ate at Petterino's after. The food was very disappointing.
When you're proud of your outfit so you take a picture in the ugly bathroom anyways.

Went to Victory Gardens after to see Caroline and Kirsten Fitzgerald in Lettie.
Can only dream to be on their level. (*△*)

Helen onni was also watching that night!

It was a super theatre filled day!

May: Tuesday the 1st

Turned Anna on to Aggretsuko. >]
I can't wait for the second season. It is too funny! "Puro-teh-in~"

Was craving salmon teriyaki so I got some after work.
Gotta love the lunch deals.

I had these nail stick on things in my drawer for years and finally used them.

Thursday the 3rd
Went to see bands I never knew of at Sleeping Village with Becca.
The sky was so pretty that day.

Beautiful Becca

Radio Free Honduras
They were really fun! Love going into live music shows completely blind.

Break
The place is super cute.

Black Bear Combo
Got my line dancing on.


We went to a diner I would always pass by and ate sooo good.
I love taking pictures of Becca. She was born to be photographed. (๑♡⌓♡๑)

That steak was everything.

Don't worry, that toast was finished.

Sunday the 6th
Had a little party at Sarah's. The preparation was so cute.
The ceiling space was covered so that light wouldn't peep in the "dance room" hahaha.

Met her boyfriend Wes and friends Eric and  Sindhu that night.

It was quite the night!

Friday the 11th
Had breakfast at Angelica's before going to work.

Saturday the 12th
I think Angelica wanted to go to shrimp fest at Red Lobster so we went.
The lobster pizza is my favorite next day lunch.


Monday the 14th
Finally tried Daebak with Sarah and Wes.
Probably the most acceptable kbbq place in the city as of now but so pricey. (⌣̯̀⌣́)

Wednesday the 16th
I can't remember doing anything but eating with Angelica this day.
Tried a place called Slim's. It was pretty good.

Angelica's obsession.


Thursday the 17th
Dinner redemption with UG at The Dearborn
Cute place.

Love those naked bulb light fixtures.

The octopus salad was my favorite.

Love that sauce.


Had a drink at a hotel I don't remember the name of to finish the night.


Monday the 21st
Ate with Sarah after getting my hair cut.

Also finally tried the bubble waffle thing. It was meh.

Thursday the 31st
Tried Angelica's new ayce sushi place of choice. More meh.
Anna was really keen on getting the boat so we made sure we ordered enough to get it lol.

It's the rule that if I'm with Angelica, we're gonna end up at Margie's.

June: Friday the 1st
Angelica had her annual bbq.
We tried making our own elotes.

Ahahaha so ugly/cute (ಡ艸ಡ)

Bootleg smores

I don't know why everyone suddenly wanted to learn how to floss.

Wednesday the 6th
Finally tried Fogo de Chao for the first time!
Thanks for the treat Angelica~ (๑ゝڡ◕๑)

Went to Ikea after cause Angelica wanted to get stuff for her room.
Trying to decide whether to get the expensive drawer or not.

It was also my first time eating at the cafeteria.
The most generic sodas I've ever seen.

I agree with everyone, Ikea food is yummy! I also really like that cider.

Mission accomplished.

Friday the 8th
Trendy Angelica

How is she so cool?

Tuesday the 12th
Saw the cutest dog I have ever seen in my life.
It's a tiny toy playing with an even tinier toy!

Another cute pup I met. He's a very small shih tzu.

Friday the 22nd
My friends started their own theatre company and had a party to celebrate, so of course I had to attend.
I hope The Passage Theatre becomes the next Steppenwolf!

Get yourself friends who will take each calf.

Tuesday the 26th
Depaul started a class this year dedicated to making a low budget indie film and I was lucky enough to be part of it!
First day of filming for Sun King.

Wednesday the 27th
More shooting
Awesome lunch. That kebab was sooo good.

*stolen from Norman*
It's a wacky project. Really curious about the end product.

Last location of the day.

A themed love motel. It was gross but amazing.


The Valentine room.

The Odyssey room.
Yes, that is a spaceship bed. And yes, it too has a mirror.

Thursday the 28th
I believe we were still somewhere in Illinois.
*stolen from James*
I'm not even sure this picture is from that day.

Never been in this kind of rest stop before.
We had dinner here before heading home.

Friday the 29th
Definitely the coolest location.
*stolen from James(?)*

We started at six in the morning so we finished early enough for me to get ready and attend the opening of Tilikum.

July: Tuesday the 3rd

Ready for another day of shooting.

*stolen from Marcus*
Yay team Sun King!

Thursday the 5th
Headed up to Beloit, Wisconsin for a few days to get a lot of shooting done.
This is one of the worst sandwiches I've ever had. I don't know how it was still so bland with all that stuff. Avoid Bagels & More.

The adorable room Sam and I stayed in.

Norman's room which was perfectly fitting.

Went to Bushel & Peck's for dinner. A farm to table/market place.
Honey lemonade and the best, most fresh cheese curds I've ever had.
Definitely one of the best options Beloit has to offer. (They don't have a lot.)

Friday the 6th
We were filming at a Chinese restaurant and thankfully we ate there as well. I was really craving some flavor!
It seems like the only Chinese place in the area so I automatically give it a thumbs up, but the food was actually good too. I didn't realize how good sesame chicken was until this day.

Saturday the 7th
Killed some time at the bucks of star before getting picked up.
Tried the pink drink. Why do people go crazy over this mediocrity??

Back at Imperial Palace.
Love filming in a restaurant for reasons you can see.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when I look good in a project. ⊙︿⊙

Dinner at the pizza/Italian place next door.
Thanks to Connor for treating me. ^_^

Was in bed when Marcus texted me inviting Sam and I to hang out with the crew.
We left in the wee hours of the morning. Kudos to Cisco for getting us and taking us back.

Sunday the 8th

Giant schnitzel sandwiches at Bushel & Peck's.

We walked around a little bit.
There wasn't much to see...

Another day, another location.

It was smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood and one of the houses down the street was having a garage sale. We took a look while waiting for everything to get set.

Werk

Interesting house across the street.

Next location
I am looking the most forward for this scene. Oh my god it's going to be amazing. Sam is the best part of this movie.

Dinner

Why so sad, Cisco?


*stolen from Marcus*
Overnight shoot finished!

Monday the 9th
Last day in Beloit
*stolen from Claire*
Sums up the movie. It would be perfect if Sam was in it.

Last Wisconsin meal was at Lucy's #7 Burger Bar.
Matt was so happy haha



Friday the 13th
Went to Racine, WI this time.
Caption this

The lake(?) that helped the sun burn me. It was a HOT day.

You can see the redness even with the snow filter-age. It even got my scalp.

Sunday the 22nd
Summer tradition: Pitchfork!
I happened to run into Elly at the entrance and that was nice!
Ravyn Lenae

Meal break.
Met K's friend Jasmine that day. Becca joined us later.

I seem to have forgotten to take pictures but we also saw DRAM and Chaka Khan. But the whole reason I was there was to see the legend: Ms. Lauryn Hill!
Crept closer as we tend to do.

Oh my god it was everything!!! I was honestly not optimistic since she is famous for flaking and a coworker I ran into who was taking photos told me that he had been informed that she wasn't coming. BUT, she showed up and was ON TIME!! It was an experience. She is the real deal. The way she  conducted the band and her background singers was just...she's a master of her craft. Just...WOW. (๑♡⌓♡๑)

I end with the most decent picture I took all year. 
I'm doing it! I'm catching up!! I'm finally going to be caught up for the first time ever since starting this blog!! Ahhh!! 《《o(≧◇≦)o》》

No comments:

Post a Comment

);